Sunday, October 3, 2010

I love reading!

One of my favorite things about living with Bobby and Megan is all the books. Bobby, as many of you know, is a huge reader. And frankly I'm a fickle reader. I don't want to read a book I won't enjoy so I usually only read things that my friends recommend to me. Bobby is a walking library and loves to lend out his books. Just last week he left a book out on the table and I happened to glance at it. Later that night, after I finished it, I was disappointed that the second book in the series Bobby had just been lent out earlier that day. Sadly, I'm still waiting for it.
But for all those readers out there, I definitely have a book for you!


The author of said book is Aprilynn Pike. Isn't she just cute? Awww!


Wings, the first of a planned 4 book series, is a modern day fairy tale about a girl named Laurel who discovers she's a faerie. (Frankly I'm not partial to the spelling choice of the word fairy but to each their own I guess.)
Laurel learns about herself, makes a wonderful guy friend and reconnects with a male faerie friend, who is much more interested in her than just a friend.

The story was very cute and right after I finished it I wanted the next book. It has a nice blend of fantasy, romance, and for sure comedy. I talk to all those in the house who have read it and asked which of the guys they prefer for Laurel. David, the human, or Tamani (Tam for short) the faerie. Personally, I won't say who I prefer since I've only read the first book :)

Wings came out May in 2009 and Spells, the second book, came out this May of 2010. Two more books to come over the next few years. . . sadly Bobby has again gotten me addicted to a book series that isn't completed. Blast.

But, if any of you need a quick escape and an easy read I do recommend Wings.

Happy reading!

1 comment: