Monday, May 17, 2010

BEST . . . GIFT . . . EVER!!!!

Funny truth, my dad has a bad temper. Always has, probably always will. And when he's mad he's scary! His face goes all red, his forehead veins poke out, not to mention he's huge and has the loudest, booming voice, you have ever heard.
So, growing up we all quickly learned that when Dad yelled at you, it would be horrible. You would walk away from the situation trembling in fear and furious at him.
I also learned growing up, as all of us kids did, that Dad has a very guilty conscious. It couldn't be two hours after he was ready to kill us he would be feeling horrible for screaming at us. He apologizes with gifts, usually in the form of his awesome deserts!
One very bad fight all us kids came home to 3 dozen different types of cookies on the counters with more in the oven and cookie dough to spare. There he stood, big as ever, but with a very sincere apology and cookies to make up for it.
I've often told this story, of Dad making apology cookies. But today, my Dad apologized for something that he did back in December. He had kicked me out of the house. I have hardly spoke to him since then because it was so unjust at the time.
His apology, still as grand as batches of cookies, but much more adult. BEHOLD! The BEST GIFT EVER!


My Dad bought me the first 3 Levels of Rosetta Stone for Japanese!
I have not been able to find it anywhere for less then $500.
He found it for about $120.
This time next year I will be speaking Japanese like a pro! I'm SO happy right now it's not even funny!
This is a million times cooler then cookies!

Thanks Dad!

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOOHHHH!!!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! Rosetta Stone is awesome...I can't decide if its worth fighting with your parents to get awesome gifts :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad was an old yeller too, but we never got the goods when he felt guilty. Maybe because he never felt guilty. :) That is a way cool gift.

    ReplyDelete