Saturday, November 5, 2011

Another week here, how about there?

Hello everyone,
How are you all doing? I'm fine here :)
This last week we had 4 days off from school. Three for the school festival (one day to set up, one day for the event, and one day to take down) and one for a national holiday. I had way too much free time and it was kind of boring. Also I don't think I really studied Japanese (I did my literature homework and read though) so I felt like I had taken steps backwards when school became normal again. The language got REALLY frustrating for me this week. So much so that in the middle of class and my Japanese partners all I want to do is cry lol. Luckily I hold those feelings in and push myself forward, which usually gets me results. Still can't speak, I've got to be the worst learner ever, as I have no confidence in speaking. I've realized I'm pretty prideful in that manner. I don't want to speak unless I feel VERY comfortable that the person wont laugh at me for messing up. So I hardly ever say anything unless I know I'm saying it the right way . . . which in turn doesn't help me learn as I'm only saying the same things over and over. . . it's a vicious cycle that I need to force myself out of. *Sigh*
So, I had lots of time off and didn't do very much with it. I attended the school festival which was a lot of fun. Sarah and Norihiro were there with their clubs so I bought food from them as well as talked with them. I even helped Norihiro advertise for his club. I walked around with their sign announcing food. I got a lot of attention that way lol. That day I ate A LOT of food, and it was wonderful. I seriously love Japanese food more then anything else!
On the weekend Norihiro and I hung out again. We went to Umeda to Yodobashi Camera and he bought himself a nice Camera. I thought he would be thrilled but after spending the money he just looked depressed lol. We also went to The Sky Building which had some amazing views of the city, please see Facebook for the pictures. Then we came to my house and watched Paranormal Activity 2 (yes, I endured the second movie). I have to say the second one is more scary then the first. This time, near the end, I was squeezing Norihiro's arm and, when the scary part passed, I realized how hard I was actually holding him. I apologized and he just laughed at me for being scared. We have plans to go see the third movie in the theater next Monday . . . I can't take a pillow in there to hide behind so I don't know what I'll do lol.
November 4th was the 27 Wedding Anniversary of Ooki Chan and Oniisan. It was so cute because earlier in the week Ooki Chan told me about it and then said "I don't know how we haven't gotten sick of each other." and laughed. Their relationship is so good, the fit each other so well and I've come to realize that my host parents are seriously some of the most amazing people I've ever met. One of my major concerns with staying with a host family was coming to a home where the dad would be very "old fashioned" Japanese. Luckily Oniisan isn't like that. Ooki Chan and I talk all the time and I really love getting to know her. They both talk about me to their friends and honestly treat me as if I'm their real daughter. Just yesterday Oniisan showed his coworkers a picture of me and told them I was his daughter. Then insisted it wasn't true because I was American he said lol. But the fact that he's pulling up pictures of me to show off makes me very happy. To make their Anniversary even cooler Ooki Chan found her official wedding photos and showed me. She and Oniisan look so young! It blew my mind how adorable they were and I couldn't stop looking at them in their traditional Japanese clothes on their wedding day.
This week I also went to a used Kimono shop in Ibaraki. I assumed, before going, that there would maybe be a couple hundred Kimonos but when I walked into the shop I was stunned. There were thousands, folded perfectly, stacked on shelves, organized by color and style. Ooki Chan and I looked through some of them but there were just so many it was overwhelming! I really want to buy one and, surprisingly, they're not too expensive since they are used. Any suggestions on colors people? lol. I decided that I want to get a more formal one to wear for New Years but I haven't decided what color.
Wow, not much else to write. . . things are fine, just struggling through the language and having a good time every day. Soon I'll be back to visiting Temples and Shrines which is something I already miss doing after it being a few weeks since the last visit. I hope you're all well. I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment