Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh sweet captivity!

I'm being help prisoner in my own imagination! For the first time in my life I have more story ideas than I can remember. The worst thing about having all these great ideas is I have no motivation to write any of them right now.
My writing spirit is on a leave of absence for an unknown amount of time.
I'm actually really quite sad about that. . . :(
So, because of my mind being occupied with MULTIPLE stories at once, I decided to post them on here so I won't forget them. Also, if you guys express interest in them maybe I'll have more motivation :)

First a foremost, my absolute favorite and most loved story is The Vampire's Bouquet.
This one is finished besides a few revamping and. . . possible slimming down lol. Naomi knows, it's WAY TOO LONG! Anyways. This one just needs the last few finishing touches before I shove it into an editors lap and possibly a publishing company all in one. Sadly, because this story has taken 10 some odd years to finish, I'm afraid all my other stories will never live up to this one. This story is like the oldest child, the first grand baby of the family. All the following stories will never be as talented or as loved. . . at least in my own worries lol.

Next is one that I've actually written quiet a lot of and posted on Deviant Art: Last Wish of an Angel. This was just supposed to be a for fun kind of short story but the more I write of it the more I want to actually make a book of it. It's a really unique story that I absolutely love. This one is about an angel, Tidus, who works for God as a Guider. He guides the souls of the dead to either Heaven or Hell. But, on a bad luck day, he chains his soul to that of a live girl who he had presumed was dead. Because of this, he's stuck living with her until the date of her actual death, since their souls are connected. This is really a funny story but I also think I might have made the character a little too melodramatic. So this is one I want to revamp completely and make a little more real. I love Tidus, FYI, he's awesome :)

Dragon Fruit
This one I've only done a few chapters of. It's about a girl who, as an infant, is given Dragon Fruit, the magical fruit grown by the Dragons that enables a person to be able to have children. The girl is just a normal every day person who didn't know about the existence of dragons until her 17th birthday when her betrothed, the Dragon Lord, comes to collect her. This is a REALLY mushy romantic, kind of Julia-esq book (it was going to have some hot scenes for you friend lol). So I'm still mulling over the idea of doing this one.

Eight Freaks
This is a book that will take me a lot of research to do, which is possibly why I'm postponing it. This is, without a doubt, the ONLY serious, non romantic book I will probably ever write! lol I came up with the idea after a way cool dream I had. It's going to be very psychological and cover personality social disorders that people have. It's all about the government, brainwashing, and control. This whole big conspiracy theory kind of book. This is one that I feel, once finished, would do very well because of the theme behind it. It would be generated for adults. I've only typed up the part of the dream I could remember of this, three pages at most. The rest, I would have to create myself.

Unnamed book
The last story floating around in my noggin still doesn't have a name. I posted the first chapter of it. . . or possibly the first part of the first chapter lol. . . on my blog a few days ago. I wanted to do this one because it's very Naomi-esq. With the characters true colors only being shown at the end. . . Bwhahaha! Anyways. I'll get to it. . . lol.

With the list of books now, looking over them, I think the ones that I should actually do are: The Vampire's Bouquet, Eight Freaks, and Last Wish of an Angel. The other two can wait for now. . . Sadly, the other two are for my friends, focusing on the kinds of books they like to read . . . I'm sorry Julia and Naomi! I haven't forgotten you! lol
So, I need to finish The Vampire's Bouquet, since it's pushing 800+ pages. . . boo. And send that in. Next, I would probably work on Last Wish of an Angel, since I already have a layout done. Then I should do Eight Freaks because, lets face it, I would have a REALLY hard time writing a book with no romance in it! lol But at the same time I feel that this book will be very influential and deep. So I WANT to do it so badly!

Oh great writing gods of awesomeness! Send me a writing mood so that I can finish all these blasted books that are haunting my ever thought! :D Jk jk.

6 comments:

  1. So, my thought is this: I LOVE RAFE!!! Yeah, he's such a hottie. I think you should focus on trimming down Bouquet and then start sending it out. After that I'm all for you working on Eight Freaks (which I think sounds AWESOME, I'm not sure which other one you would have intended towards me, but I totally thought you were talking about this) I'm all for government conspiracies! :P The angel one sounds really good, and the great thing about finishing up Bouquet is that it will be out of your hair then you can switch back and forth on the other two depending on your mood because they are such opposites. What you need to do to keep yourself writing is pick up your crazy computer and think of Rafe *insert RAFE chant here (RAFE! RAFE! RAFE!)* Go to it girl! :P I love Rafe, just put your book on a diet, make a goal of cutting out like 10,000 words in the next two weeks, 5,000 words a week, so about 1,000 words a day, with weekends off. You can do it! RAFE! RAFE! RAFE! I want to see Rafe in print! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you love Rafe. I do too :)
    I was thinking of things I could cut out but then I think about how I'm going to change his whole look and change the way his hunger affects him and it just seems like this book is going to be so long! lol
    I'm going to cut out A LOT of the stuff that happened while avenging Maria. And then the stuff with Willow I can trim down too. But other than that. . . I don't know! lol I tried to keep the story focused on important stuff so it's hard! Maybe I could cut out some of the random drama problems him and Lilly have.
    But now I'm also tossing around the idea of him killing a few people in his time. . . I don't know though! lol This book will be the death of me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you should do, is trim it down enough that we can send it out when we have our meeting on the 17Th! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taleah, I don't remeber if I ever told you this...I must have. But I have an uncle who use to be the president of his one editing biz. (He's retired) Google Paul Negri. I can see if I can get you a hook up. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, that would be awesome! One of my books is almost ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, just let me know when it's ready. I'll see if I can get a hold of him now and see what he says.

    ReplyDelete