Friday, March 12, 2010

Plastic Surgery

I randomly feel the need to post this.
Why do people go crazy over getting plastic surgery? Why this crazed need to look "perfect"? For me all I see is a tragic loss of natural beauty when people alter their faces so drastically. I'm all for corrective surgery, if it is NEEDED. Burn victims, car accidents, etc. Other than that I don't see a need for plastic surgery.
In all fairness I have known two people personally who received plastic surgery because they wanted to improve their looks and I can understand that because they kept it at a minimum, one thing.
The first was a girl who had the cutest face. She was my friends roommate in college and she was very fun. One day she told us that she had had a nose job. None of us believed her because her nose seemed to perfectly match her face. She assured us it was true and dug through her stuff to find her before photos. When she showed it to us I was shocked. She had once had the LARGEST hook nose I had ever seen.










Something like this but HUGE. It was so disproportionate to her face that it looked fake. It looked like she had stuck a witches nose on her face for Halloween. All of the girls in the apartment couldn't believe it. The girl, who had received the nose job, explained that growing up she had always hated her nose. She was teased about it and bullied because of it. So when she was older (around 18 I believe she said) she got a nose job.
The weird thing was her new nose looked more natural and better for her face than her old nose.
In this case I understood why she wanted the plastic surgery.

The other person I know got a boob job. She is a very slender woman but is pear shaped, with very wide hips and a small upper body. After having children the pear shape got worse, making her bottom half look over weight and her top half smaller. To even out her body she had breast implants. She kept them smaller, natural looking, and evened out her body, giving her whole frame a slimmed down look.
Although I've never understood the need to get a breast job, I'm well endowed and have never considered it, I can understand her desire to get this done. But at the same time, she kept her breast small and natural looking, making sure they fit her body type and frame.

So when I read about actresses who go all out, such as the recent case regarding Heidi Montag, I have to wonder: What the heck was she thinking?














I don't get it! 10 plastic surgeries in one sitting. She went from being a natural beautiful person to suddenly . . . almost kind of transvestite.
Who really is so concerned with their eyebrow placement that they get an eyebrow lift? Why this desire/need to look in-quizzical all the time?
Don't even get me started on how scary looking her boobs are now. There is something really very disgusting about huge, perfect circular lumps, popping out of the front of your body so much that they squish together all the time.
I won't deny that I'm all about nice cleavage, I love my boobs :) , but this is freaking sick looking!
Another thing that comes to mind in this case is: Who was saying WHAT to her to make her feel not pretty? What had she heard, or even said, about herself all her life to look in the mirror and scrutinize every little detail?
Her face isn't so different but at the same time is is changed. She altered her chin, her cheeks, her forehead, her nose, her lips, her neck (Really?), and had her ears pinned back.
First off, I didn't even know HALF of that stuff could be done! Secondly, who honestly is so concerned that their ears aren't pretty or that their neck might be too fat? Thirdly, and this to me is the most important, where was her husband in all of this?
Was he the guy that was supporting her on the sidelines, telling her to improve her looks, that she wasn't pretty enough, or could always be prettier?
I sure hope not.
If my husband came to me and said he wanted to have plastic surgery, which I'm assuming most guys don't stress about this kind of crap, and he gave me a list of 10things he wanted done, I would advise against it. To me he would be changing his whole face, becoming unfamiliar, a stranger. There couldn't possibly be 10 things so wrong with someones face that they would need to have that much plastic surgery. Also I like little flaws, they had spice. Perfection is boring.
This poor girl, Heidi Montag, has become a cookie cut version of perfection that the world places upon people. I hate to burst peoples bubbles but: IT'S NOT PRETTY! She was pretty before and, looking at her, I could see no need to change anything. Now, all I can see looking at her, is confusion. If I didn't already know I wouldn't be able to tell if she's a man or a woman. This "ideal perfection" is exactly the look that MEN go for when they have sex changes.

On that note, I'm done with my rant! Sorry for the long post :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Taleah. I don't think she looks that great at all now. I liked her better before but I watched an interview with her about it. She said that she wasn't going any where with her singing career because she was pretty enough, prefect enough. So she changed herself to fit in, so she can get a record deal (bla..she sold 637 cds). She also said her hubby loves her for her and knows her physical appearance doesn't matter to him (hmm).
    I think it is so sad that she felt pressured into having to look better...you can't have your dream job unless you look better. And she lives in LA..Vantity City. I just hate how Vanity has become so important. It is so pointless in life yet it eats us all alive. Stupid vantity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tend to agree with this. I mean, the changes were really small and subtle, but if that is the case, why do them? She was originally gorgeous so it's sad to think she felt it was necessary to go through all of this. It's sad to see this is where the world is headed.

    ReplyDelete